Gas Boiler Service
Why service your boiler?
Most of us don’t pay any attention to our boiler until it breaks down and we don’t have any hot water or heating. As they say, prevention is better than cure, and one of the best ways to prevent a boiler breakdown is to schedule an annual maintenance check. Here are the top reasons to get your boiler serviced:
1) Save money on repairs – an engineer will make sure your boiler is working correctly and pick up on any minor faults, which if left unrepaired, could cause major problems in the future. This could save you money on larger repair bills and emergency call-out fees.
2) A service could save your life – a faulty boiler can be extremely dangerous; around 20 people die every year in the UK from Carbon Monoxide (CO) leaks caused by faulty gas boilers and appliances; reports the Health and Safety Executive. A regular boiler service will detect any CO leaks, keeping you and your family safe from CO poisoning.
3) Reduce your fuel bills – a boiler engineer will make sure your boiler isn’t wasting energy; this can save you money on your fuel bills as well as cut your household carbon emissions.
4) Make sure your insurance is valid – many boiler warranties require you to have your boiler regularly serviced.
5) Stay legal– landlords are legally obliged to service boilers in their rental properties every year and must provide a valid Gas Safety certificate for gas boilers.
Southampton Gas Boiler Service Repair Installation